What's the connection between two celebrities and those two issues? None that we can see (and we looked hard), but apparently Britney and Paris are famous-for-no-reason (other than, oh, a musical career, a television show and a couple of forgettable movie roles between them) and Obama is popular-for-no-reason and that's bad. Well, McCain might not have the popularity of Obama, Britney or Paris, but we've counted the things he does have in common with the latter two.
- John McCain was held in the Hanoi Hilton.
- John McCain was held in a camp, The Simple Life was held in a camp.
- John McCain's wife, elder daughter, Paris and Britney all use the same shade of hair dye.
- John McCain and Britney both left their first spouses high and dry and then slept around for a while.
- Kevin Federline left Britney a single parent with weekend visitation; John McCain left Cindy in Arizona to parent singly and only came home on the weekends.
- Paris Hilton has her stock pose of putting her hand on her hip, John McCain has his stock pose of giving a thumb's up. (Both are terribly out of date.)
- Paris wants to be seen embracing the Bible but does nothing overtly religious or compassionate; John McCain wants to be seen embracing the Bible-thumpers but does nothing overtly religious or compassionate.
- Paris uses the "n" word, and some suspect John McCain does, too. (McCain did call his wife a cunt, though. It's close!)
- All of them travel with extensive entourages of gay men.
- None of them would draw a crowd of 200,000 people for a speech about America's relationship with Germany.
All have dead eyes and all three can get really confused. And are often photographed while in said state.
Hat Tip to Jezebel